Serving through excellence is a cornerstone of life at Christian Horizons. Our teams and associates—from care teams, including CNAs and RNs to housekeepers, transportation, culinary teams, support services and more—lead with heart and compassion in service to older adults.
The Awards of Excellence honors those teams who go above and beyond in their commitment to our faith-serving mission. We recognize their achievements in service, clinical excellence, occupancy goals, quality, and mission integration.
Congratulations to the 2022 Awards of Excellence Recipients
- Ministry Excellence Award – Hoosier Christian Village, Brownstown, Ind., honoring excellence in resident and associate experience, and campus occupancy and census.
- Quality Excellence Award – Wabash Christian Village, Carmi, Ill., honoring excellence in service and quality for residents, clients and families.
- OCCYS Excellence Award (Independent Living) – Lewis Memorial Christian Village, Springfield, Ill., honoring excellence in meeting occupancy census goals according to budget.
- OCCYS Excellence Award (Assisted Living/Memory Support) – Risen Son Christian Village, Council Bluffs, Iowa, honoring excellence in meeting occupancy census goals according to budget.
- OCCYS Excellence Award (Healthcare) – Hickory Point Christian Village, Forsyth, Ill., honoring excellence in meeting occupancy census goals according to budget.
- Support of Excellence Award – Barb Clott, revenue cycle director, Christian Horizons home office, St. Louis, Mo., honoring exceptional service.
- Dr. Tim Phillipe Leadership Award – Molly Hannon, sales and marketing director, Lewis Memorial Christian Village, Springfield, Ill., honoring exceptional leadership and outstanding service. The Dr. Tim Phillipe Leadership Award recognizes a Christian Horizons associate who exemplifies exceptional work performance through superior service, improving senior living resident experience, enhancing team morale, displaying Godly characteristics, and providing exemplary leadership, whether formally or informally. Dr. Tim Phillipe served as the president and CEO for Christian Horizons from 2000 to 2016. In 2016, the senior living organization’s board of directors established this leadership award named in honor of Dr. Phillipe’s service and contributions.
As a faith-led, person-first organization, Christian Horizons is in service to a mission of empowering older adults in mind, body and spirit through faith-led service. Based in St. Louis, Mo., the organization owns and operates a portfolio of seven life plan campuses and five stand-alone older adult communities offering a mix of independent, assisted and supportive living; memory support; long-term healthcare centers and short-term rehabilitation. The organization also serves older adults through Safe Haven Hospice in central Illinois; Senior Care Pharmacy Services; and New Horizons PACE® (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) in St. Louis, Mo.