Safe Haven delivers hospice services in the home—whether in a private residence, assisted living, nursing facility or hospital. Our admission process is designed to minimize stress.
- After you contact us, we will perform a free medical evaluation to see if hospice care is appropriate for you or your loved one.
- We will admit the patient within three hours of a doctor’s order and patient/family approval.
- Under the support of a Medical Director, we will design a care plan individualized for the patient.
Four levels of dedicated care.
Safe Haven provides four levels of hospice care, based on each patient’s needs:
- Routine home care—which is used 95% of the time. This is what most people think of when they think of "hospice care."
- Respite stay—up to a five-day stay for the patient to be moved from home into a Safe Haven-contracted facility.
- Crisis care—on-site care required when there is a significant change in the patient’s condition, with two or more symptoms out of control.
- Inpatient care—when a severe change in medical condition requires stabilization and 24/7 registered nurse care, the patient is moved into a facility that Safe Haven contracts with.